Which Essentials Should You Know When Considering Our Treatments
Getting a tattoo is nerve-wracking, especially if it’s done on your face.
And since our face is one of the most important parts of our body, it’s important to always know the essential things you need to do before and after considering a cosmetic tattoo makeover. Whether you want to try out eyebrow tattoos, extend your eyelashes, or make your lips look fuller, before and aftercare is very important.
About 50% of the results of your cosmetic tattoo will highly depend on how you follow the right pre and post-procedure aftercare given to you by your cosmetic tattoo artist. These include all the essentials and necessities you need to do to make your cosmetic tattoo procedure a complete success.
The longevity of your cosmetic tattoo will also rely on how you do the right aftercare. To some people, it may last for only a year. While to others it may last up to 4 years.
So without further ado, here is a list of the things you need to know on how to take care of your face before and after your cosmetic tattoo procedure.
Before The Procedure, You Need To…
It is wise to know that there are things you need to avoid and do before getting your cosmetic tattoo makeover. Here are the things you need to remember before your big day comes:
- Don’t touch anything on your face and that includes thinning, plucking, or shaving your eyebrows within 48 hours
- Make sure to stop getting acne treatments 6 months before your appointment. You must also stop any chemical treatments done on your face a month before taking up the procedure
- Don’t use any face products that have Retina-A in it 4 weeks prior.
- Tell your artist if you are a breastfeeding mom
- Avoid taking fish oil tablets at least 14 days before your appointment starts
- Don’t drink a coffee same day of your procedure
- Avoid wearing makeup during your tattoo appointment
After The Procedure Make Sure To…
Now that the procedure is completed, there are strict aftercare guidelines to follow. As we said, the results of your cosmetic tattoo will rely on the aftercare procedures you will follow after your appointment:
- Please wipe brows with a damp cotton round every 30 minutes for the first 2 hours post-treatment. This is to remove any excess lymph, that if left there can cause scabbing.
- Do not wet your brow tattoo for 10 days.
- Do not get make-up on or near your tattoo for 10 days.
- You are welcome to wear facial makeup, as long as this is kept well clear of your eyebrows.
- Avoid sweating for 7 days.
- Apply an after-care balm for 7 days. This must be applied 2 x per day (morning & night) using a clean cotton tip, or if advised otherwise. (only a very thin layer is needed).
Important Notes On What Is Normal To Expect
- Your tattoo will go much darker for the first 24 hours. This is temporary.
- You may get a headache the day of your treatment. Yes you can take panadol.
- Your tattoo will shrink approximately 2mm within 3 to 5 days.
- Your tattoo can fade up to 50% by the end of the first week.
- Your tattoo may become very itchy as they heal, avoid scratching.
- Your tattoo may become uneven and or gappy by the end of the first week.
- Colour healing is generally a 3-week cycle.
- Week 1: They will be darker & sharper than usual.
- Week 2: Brows can look quite dull & patchy; even to the point you think the pigment is gone.
- Week 3: Pigment starts to come back out in the skin and you will be ready for your touch up.
- REMEMBER: This is a 2 stage process, the adjustment session with the correct shape, thickness, gaps, colour, depth, length, fullness, and balance.
- Please be aware, in some rare cases, clients may require a third touch up appointment, dependent on skin or if aftercare is not followed correctly. This is priced as an additional touch up.
- Use sunscreen to stop your brows from fading
- The true colours of your cosmetic tattoo will depend on each people.
If you follow these guidelines, you will surely have a successful and beautiful cosmetic tattoo result. We, at Unique Blendz, are professionals and we make sure to give our clients the best before and after a guide to help them have beautiful and amazing results.
Also see our other services like eyeliner tattoo Gold Coast, lip tattoo Gold Coast and microblading Gold Coast – contact us now!